Sunday, September 26, 2010

Egg-stra Lucky!












On the Equinox it is possible to stand an egg upright. According to the Chineese, doing this will bring you good luck. I assume they were the ones to discover this was possible. But I don't really know. And I can't explain how this works, but I am sure there is an explanation out there. My dad told me this as a kid, and I think one of my science teachers may have mentioned it in high school. This was my first ever attempt at it. There is a very small window in which it can be done. This years Autumnal Equinox was at 11:09 pm. This egg was stood up at about 5 after 11 and stayed that way till about 15 minutes after Midnight, when Isis, my cat, knocked it over. Thank goodness I built a rock wall, because when it was knocked over it would have made a mess on my bedroom floor. It was very fun to do, I was so excited when it really worked. Just one of those amazing things. Earth is a good planet to live on.



I hope this works because I need all the luck I can get!!









No comments:

Post a Comment