Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Honor the Dead


Today was a beautiful Fall day. It was warm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. October is a time to honor the dead. So we decided to visit Mt. Hope Cemetery. Its so pretty there. I see at least one of the red tailed hawks that live there every time I visit. Today the colors of Fall were really popping in the bright sunshine. Its normally pretty quiet there, but the nice weather and proximity to Halloween had many people bustling around there today. I have to admit its one of my favorite places in the city. When I am there I feel grounded in nature and my own mortality.   


 The Keeper of the LIGHT

Susan B. Anthony is one of my heroes. She has done some truly amazing things. A life well lived. May she rest in PEACE 

some are starting to be forgotten... 


An ANGEL  keeps watch.







But this is the one that really breaks my heart...










No comments:

Post a Comment